Welcome, New Members!

Welcome to the Trails.com Community ... we're excited you're here!

Get started by introducing yourself! Comment here and tell us:

1. What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?
  2. What's one trail you're hoping to tackle this year?
  3. What's the best trail you've ever hiked?

Sharing a pic of your best hike is encouraged. :)

Looking for the best way to get started? Check out these tips & tricks for making the most out of the Trails.com forums.

Comments

• Hey everyone, Andy here!

1. Love to hike.
    2. Hoping to hit up Yosemite's half dome this summer
    3. Anything in Acadia National Park!
  • Welcome to the party, @Andy!

• Hey guys, I like to camp. Not a trail, but want to camp in Crater Lake NP this year. Don't know if I can pick a favorite trail ... hiked too many good ones.

• @John J. Crater Lake is so beautiful! Although, last time I was there I almost got eaten alive by mosquitos!

• Hello outdoorsmen (& ladies)! Fishing is my favorite. I'm hoping to hit up some trails in Washington state this year. Best trail ever? I hiked part of the Appalachian trail when I was younger ... pretty epic.

• Hey everyone, happy Wednesday!

1. I love anything on the water.
    2. Hoping to do some white water kayaking out west this year.
    3. Anything in the Grand Canyon.

:)

• Hey! As long as it's outside & in nature, you can count me in. I'm hoping to do Angels Landing in Zion this fall. Some of my favorite trails have been exploring Rocky Mountain National Park. If you get the chance, go ... you won't regret it!

• Hey!
    1. love to go backpacking.
    2. Mount Rainier's Wonderland Trail has always been on my bucket list. Maybe this year is the year!
    3. A few years ago, I did some zip-lining in the Great Smoky Mountains... so fun!

• 1. Love fly-fishing
    2. Hoping to tackle some trail in Yellowstone very soon.
    3. Hiked Passage Falls trail along Mill Creek in Montana. Beautiful place.
  • I have been an avid photographer and outdoor enthusiast for as long as I can remember.

1. My favorite outdoor activity would be hiking and landscape/nature photography.
    2. I am hoping to tackle Mt. Tammany at the Delaware Water Gap and hike up the Red Trail.
    3. The best trail is tough - I'm going to take the easy way out and say "The one I am on!"

This image was taken on a lunchtime hike thru Monmouth Battlefield State Park and is just a hundred yards or so from the actual site of the Battle of Monmouth of the American Revolution.
  • We all need to improve the environment, set examples pick up other people’s trash, encourage young people to use their phones less and walk more. Notice things around you and acknowledge others in your personal space. 
  • Tim S.Tim S.
    edited February 7
    My wife and I love backpacking and camping. I have a bad back and tent camping is too uncomfortable. We hammock camp and it is great. 
  • Can't wait for my Achilles tendon to heal so I can get back on top of a great Adirondack mountain.  It's been over 6 months now and still a ways to go.  Be careful when you switch to a new pair of shoes.  The wrong ones can cause a lot of problems.
  • Hello All!  I am trying to pick up my winter hiking with some short day hikes and I need a suggestion for the best lumbar pack.  Help!?
  • Hi all, 
    1. Favorite activity: Wilderness backpacking (it's a toss-up - I also love trail running)
    2. One trail this year: Chilcoot Trail - Booked for July
    3. Favourite past hike: Westcoast Trail
  • Mike W.Mike W.
    edited February 7
    Hi everyone,
    1.My favorite outdoor activitie is hiking.
    2. One trail this year is Vivian Creek to San Gorgonio Peak.
    3. Favorite hike was my hike from Loveland pass to Grizzly Peak. Shot hike with some of the best views
  • 1. I love hiking and geocaching
    2. I hope to hike a little of a wagon trail route because I am also a history nut.
    3.  The most beautiful hike I have taken was in the Mission Mountains in Montana.
  • 1. I love hiking and backpacking.
    2. I hope to section hike parts of the AT again this year.
    3. This picture was taken while backpacking on Carver's Gap, one of my favorite sections of the AT.
  • @Joe V. @Cheryle M. and @George P. : Great photos! I LOVE seeing all these beautiful photos from trails.
  • My hiking buddy taking in the view (Piedra Lisa South, Albuquerque)
  • I enjoy hiking with my husband and family.  
    This year I want to hike the 5 canyons in Georgia to earn the Canyon Climber t-shirt.  
    My favorite hike is Halalau Trail in Kauai or maybe the Pipewa Trail in Hana, Maui.
  • Barry A.Barry A.
    edited February 10
    My wife and I enjoy our time on the trail together. We do our best to get out hiking at least once a week
    Plan on hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail in its entirety this year
    One of our favorite hiking/backpacking trips was in the Trinity Wilderness
  • Thanks...and the adventure begins!!!!
  • Love hiking, birding, and photography.
  • James H. said:
    My hiking buddy taking in the view (Piedra Lisa South, Albuquerque)
    Gorgeous! ... both your hiking buddy & the view!  :)
  • Thought I would swing by here to say hi to everyone. Been checking things out like what I see so far.
  • Thought I would swing by here to say hi to everyone. Been checking things out like what I see so far.
    Welcome to the party! :)
  • Hi everyone!

I love seeing where everyone has been hiking and finding new trails.  I have been hiking with my hubby for a few years now, mostly in my home province of Nova Scotia, Canada, but in January, we hiked the Inca trail to Machu Picchu in Peru and it was amazing!

• Hi everyone!

I love seeing where everyone has been hiking and finding new trails.  I have been hiking with my hubby for a few years now, mostly in my home province of Nova Scotia, Canada, but in January, we hiked the Inca trail to Machu Picchu in Peru and it was amazing!

Welcome, Allyson! Great pic!