New Jersey - moderate hike - waterfall

Joe V.Joe V.
edited February 2018 in Northeast
I am looking for suggestions of out-of-the-way places (read 'uncrowded') in New Jersey to shoot waterfalls and/or fast running streams for photography. I love to hike and can handle somewhat challenging terrain but looking for something more along the line of "moderate". 
Tagged:

Comments

• We'd love to see your shots from your hikes! 
  • Thanks, Amanda. Most of my images end up on Instagram.
  • In PA but close to NJ - There are a lot of water falls near Dingman's Ferry; some more crowded than others.  Raymondskill Falls are impressive but crowded.  We stopped at a few other falls with absolutely no one there. 
  • Thank you, Cynthia. I know where Dingman's Ferry is, I did an overnight canoe trip there about 30 years ago. It isn't too far from "The Gap" which I plan to get to some time in the next few months; maybe I can extend the trip. Thanks!
  • Rick P.Rick P.
    edited February 2018
    Joe,  You should check out Buttermilk Falls near Culver's Gap. Accessible to hikers from the Appalachian Trail at the southern end of Stokes State Forest. Also check out Copper Mine trail along Old Mine Road at Delaware Water Gap in NJ....and another favorite spot is the green blazed Dunnfield Creek trail at Delaware Water Gap. A few pretty spots with waterfalls, and a nice walk along a really great spring and reservoir fed creek...
  • Gorgeous shot, @Rick P.!
  • George w childs park lots of waterfalls ice .no real walk involved.great for pics .just right over Dingmans in pa