App for Android

It seems there is no App for Android. If true I will just have to cancel. I am not about to buy an iPhone jsut to use this system.

Best Answer

Answers

• I will stick since I got the year with that Memorial Day price but if there is not a GOOD Android App by the end of my subscription year I will be gone. This site has been aroud a long time so I am surprised that there is no Android app.
  • I will stick since I got the year with that Memorial Day price but if there is not a GOOD Android App by the end of my subscription year I will be gone. This site has been aroud a long time so I am surprised that there is no Android app.
    I understand Gilbert. We're relatively new owners of Trails.com. When we acquired the site 2 years ago we had a lot to do! We've focused our efforts on updating trail guides and adding new trails. We've got over 90,000 trails now and its growing. We know an Android app is important and I promise you, it's coming! 
  • Hurrah!!!!
  • If it doesn't arrive soon, I will also be an ex-customer:(
  • I bought a membership despite the lack of an android app to access the guides. I ended up getting an iPad, and discovered that I can't use the app on that device either. This is really disappointing. I certainly won't be signing up again as long as iPhone is the only option.
  • Hi Gilbert. Trails.com is a great resource for finding and planning your next outdoor adventure. Right now we currently only have an iOS app but are shooting to have our Android app ready by the end of summer. We hope you'll stick around and use the web!

Seems you should have done android first, every time I've checked (at least in the US), There are more Android phones sold each year than Apple.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/266572/market-share-held-by-smartphone-platforms-in-the-united-states/
    And the largest selling Android (Samsung) has a higher loyalty rating.
    https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/08/android-beats-ios-in-smartphone-loyalty-study-finds/

• Just wondering about Android app progress? Any idea when it will be available?
  • Lora H said:
    Just wondering about Android app progress? Any idea when it will be available?
    Unfortunately, we can not provide a release date for the Android version at this time. This is an ongoing request from our customers, like yourself, and we are working to satisfy it.
  • It is horrible you did not co-design the two platforms. I will be keeping my $$ until such time as an android platform is available. It is too bad! Your program is very promising.

Android users consider using AllTrails app until Trails.com gets their act together.  
  • I also joined with the special price but will not renew due to the same no Android app available.
  • I also have an Android phone and have been waiting for the end of summer release as stated in reply to Gilbert B.
    Where are you now? Can we have a date to look for or will we get the same string along?
    Biker4
  • I think the answer is back country navigator. It is much better and the new version being produced with support from kickstarter will be even more fantastic. I have given up on Trails.