5 Easy Ways to Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd

Earth Day is right around the corner on April 22nd, and we can't think of anything worth celebrating more!

Not sure how to honor this amazing planet we call home? No worries ... here are 5 simple ways to get in on the fun.
  1. Break out your bike! Leave your car in the garage for Earth Day. If the opportunity to enjoy the spring weather isn't enough to convince you, you'll single handedly be helping limit air pollution, AND getting a great exercise, to boot! 
  2. Check out a local event. Many communities and parks will have an Earth Day Party, or something similar. Stop by for a fun opportunity for your family to learn together.
  3. Stop drinking bottled water. Get a reusable water bottle to save our planet from tons of plastic that would otherwise end up in landfills. 
  4. Share a picture of a recent outdoor adventure. Either find your favorite trail on Trails.com & post a photo, or share one right here in the comments. The more we show others the wonderful things this planet has to offer, the more they'll want to protect it. 
  5. Saving the best for last ... Go on a hike! What better way to celebrate Earth, than getting outside and enjoying all the wonderful things it has to offer.
Are you celebrating Earth Day in a different way? We want to hear about it! Share in the comments to inspire others to get out there & protect our planet!

Comments

• Ryan M.Ryan M.
    edited April 13
    For Earth Week leading up to the 22nd, we'll be participating in Leave No Trace's campaign, #LeaveNoTrash. We're going to be taking pictures of ourselves picking up any trash that we find outside on the ground! 

Ryan Meyer
    falcon.com
  • Kasey M.Kasey M. ✭✭✭
    Options 2-5!
    We'll be going for a hike, using reusable water bottles/bladders, taking pictures and attending an event at our local library on the 19th. But we'll need to use our car to get there. LOL.

Best,

Kasey Marsters
    FoxTrickAdventures.com
  • Kasey M.Kasey M. ✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    Ryan M. said:
    For Earth Week leading up to the 22nd, we'll be participating in Leave No Trace's campaign, #LeaveNoTrash. We're going to be taking pictures of ourselves picking up any trash that we find outside on the ground! 

Ryan Meyer
    falcon.com
    AND, Ryan, I'll be bringing my FalconGuide 

"Foraging New England: Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Edible Wild Foods and Medicinal Plants from Maine to Connecticut "!

Best,

Kasey Marsters
    FoxTrickAdventures.com
  • I got my 2 kids and wife out for a brief stretch of river kayaking. Picked up a little trash, and went for a swim. Fun day!